Please feel free to leave a comment. After all, only criticism paves way for perfection. :)

Saturday, December 11, 2010

I can't describe how excited i was when i installed CS 1.6 on my laptop. I saw my friends play it earlier. The game always excited me. Guns, explosions, headshots, team work and what not. Finally after i was done with my daily study quota, i installed the game. As the installation continued, the dream of becoming the greatest CS player already started sprouting. Counter-Terrorists, Terrorists, Planting the Bombs, Defusing the bomb. WOW!!

After Installation got over, i played with the bots for practice, though they were no thing but dumb dummies who would just stare at you instead of spraying lead. Taking them out was no big deal for me, which gave me over confidence that i'm a professional CS player ready to "pwn n00bs" online. so with great determination, i searched for CS servers in India, i found a couple of servers which i found pretty neat and joined. The next minute was not like what i had expected.

I started getting "owned" like a little kitten within minutes i started the game. After being killed 20-30 times without mercy in a row, by shooting skills began to improve a little bit. before i could realize what happened i got a messaging which said i have been kicked. i was shocked to see this. I logged into the server again and played fine for about 15-20 minutes. I scored
a lucky shot through the door or something like that, when i was accused of wall hacking, a hack where the opaque game objects was made transparent by means of third party software. This really annoyed me, and i was about to justify myself when server administrator did not permanently ban me from the server.

Well, no matter, there are tons of other servers laying around, this where the latency problem started, Most of there servers kick you out if your latency or ping is greater than 200, and almost all the times on these servers, my ping was around 300. which was pretty dumb and caused me to lag frequently and getting kicked out faster than you blink your eyes. It was very frustating when your scores are good and when you are about to get top 3 position, you get kicked like a mangy cat.

Apart from hacking and other silly stuff, i pretty much enjoyed CS. I don't like violence much, but this was where i began to get sadistic. I enjoyed blowing heads off, gutting out with knife and all the not-so-gore stuff. I came to know some of the weapons thoroughly and one of my teammate said play lik 14-15 hours a day for a year straight and you'll be almost a professional.

If it takes that long to be a professional, i'm happy being a newbie. no offense, but there are many other priorities in life than a game. I still play it after im done with my work and stuff. After all who does not like to kill people without spilling a drop of blood online?. Let the game begin!!!

Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment